Full Member Social Ride - Snape - Sunday 2 June

richard parker

Full Member Social Ride - Snape - Sunday 2 June

Post by richard parker »

The Full Member Social Ride for June will be to Snape Suffolk around 160 miles with a 'T' stop on the outward leg and fuel on the return if required.

Meet as usual for a 9.30 leave from Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford. Ride to finish at Mac D Regiment Way.

Unfortunately the Group Slow Riding Day as been allocated to the same date so it that's what you prefer fine there will always be plenty more rides.

Early post as I'm away for the week in Scotland (N.C. 500) and not back until Saturday night. If for any reason I don't make it the ride will be covered by Colin Digby but
to a different destination.................................Richard
Colin Digby

Re: Full Member Social Ride - Snape - Sunday 2 June

Post by Colin Digby »

Hi All
If i need to cover the ride it would be to Bawdsey. Tea stop on way and fuel at 95 miles on route out
And 100 miles back to Regiment way McDonald Colin
Go Orange Diggers :D :lol:
phil reader

Post by phil reader »

Thanks for a good ride today Richard, great weather good roads and company etc. Thanks Chris for tailending.
chris_johnson

Post by chris_johnson »

14 bikes. Sunny and very warm. Standard route to near to Sudbury, where a road closure caused a diversion. Richard still took us to the Stour Valley Business Centre for our 'elevenses'. Unusual but pleasant. Potential roundabout starburst closer to Snape averted not so much by my fast action as by the errant lambs very quickly doubling back themselves. Snape not in the same class as Bourton on the Water but a bit that way inclined. I hadn't realised they had a concert hall which hosts the Aldeburgh Festival. Lunch fine. Journey back more creative since Richard did some avoidance of the closed off Road. Planned attrition meant only six of us made it to the Regiment Way McD's at 16:15. Distance 176 miles. Many thanks to Richard. Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
richard parker

Post by richard parker »

Yes good ride on Sunday especially the return run when we didn't have over 150 bikes opposing which cut down overtaking opportunities. Thanks once again to Chris J for
tail ending both legs................................Richard