Full Member Social Ride - Beccles - Sunday 1st September

richard parker

Full Member Social Ride - Beccles - Sunday 1st September

Post by richard parker »

The Full Member Social Ride this month will be to Beccles Norfolk a return distance of around 180 miles with a 'T' stop on the outwards leg and fuel on the
return at about 150 miles. Lunch stop with a difference!

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am.

Ride to finish at Mac D Regiment Way...................................Richard

The second Full Member Ride for September will be on Sunday 22nd and led by Colin Digby - details to be posted later.
chris_johnson

Re: Full Member Social Ride - Beccles - Sunday 1st September

Post by chris_johnson »

Ideal riding weather, sunny but not too hot, and about 28 bikes. Mick Hewitt tailing. Superb 80 mile route out to the Waterfront Diner; Richard excelled himself there. What it was like after that I do not know since I got sucked into following 3 bikes which had mingled with our group onto the A14. No way to turn back for several miles, and by that time the group had gone. SatNav sulked for a bit about always living in the top box, but eventually took me to Beccles. Unfortunately since Richard had been so damned coy about the lunch stop I did not know where to go, and could not get through to anyone. Returned via B roads through Eye and Stowmarket. One tiny rain shower. Arrived home at 19:00 having covered 321 miles. I had a great ride up to the diner on the outward leg, and meandering back with a map and no SatNav was actually very enjoyable most of the time. The limited selection of pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
richard parker

Post by richard parker »

Sorry Chris - you were missed - in fact punctures were mentioned!! I did check my phone but no missed call. I could have given you the Post Code NR34 7FA which was at Worlingham near Beccles - not much good now!.

I apologise to the rest of the vast numbers that the route of over 200 miles was about 20 miles more than I thought and for the delay was in serving 25 for lunch and 29 with tea earlier when there was already a queue.

Anyway a good day I think in perfect weather. My thanks to Mick for tail ending. :) .........................Richard
chris_johnson

Post by chris_johnson »

Richard, I am afraid that your mobile number seems to have vanished from my phone contacts; weird since all the others seem to transfer OK when I change phones. Tried texting and phoning Mick. I actually went through Worlingham on my return journey; more by accident than design. Didn't venture onto any industrial estates, however.

Regards
Chris J.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
vince

Post by vince »

Chris, I've just posted some of the lunch time photos on FB. Sorry you missed it.
Cheers,
Vince