Full Member Social Ride - Oundle - Sunday 13 October

richard parker

Full Member Social Ride - Oundle - Sunday 13 October

Post by richard parker »

The Full Member Social Ride this month will be to Oundle Northants a return distance of about 190 miles with a 'T' stop on the outward leg and fuel on the return
at about 150 miles.

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am. Ride to finish at Mac D Regiment Way.

SECOND FULL MEMBER RIDE
The final second Full Member Ride for this year will be on Sunday 20 October and will be led by Chris Reed. Further details will be posted but meet as usual to leave
Sainsburys at 9.30am...........................Richard
richard parker

Re: Full Member Social Ride - Oundle - Sunday 13 October

Post by richard parker »

As nobody else has put comment on the ride last Sunday I thought I had better or Chris J won't have anything to glean for TUG. Well in spite of the dreadful forecast it went really well and was enjoyed by all 7 riders. It wasn't raining when we left Chelmsford and stayed dry - well not the roads - until after the Tea stop at Sandy. It then rained but not too heavy until lunch at Oundle where we found some lovely flooded roads! :) After lunch it was fine all the way home so that from St Neots on the roads were actually drying off. Unfortunately John had a puncture in the rear near Thrapston which was soon plugged by the able team around him. Thanks for turning out guys it would have been lonely on my own! :(

Many thanks to Spider for back marking on the way out and to John (the puncture) on the way back....................................Richard
chris_johnson

Re: Full Member Social Ride - Oundle - Sunday 13 October

Post by chris_johnson »

Thanks for the info, Richard, I was in France at the time. Spider kindly sent me a ride review, with pictures, to my mobile. His account is a little more ... dramatic ... than yours!

Regards
Chris J.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.