Full Member Social Ride - St Neots - Sunday 1st December

richard parker

Full Member Social Ride - St Neots - Sunday 1st December

Post by richard parker »

Sorry for late post but I've been so busy with training rides that December has crept up on me reminded only by Grahams monthly update which said there would be 2 Full Member rides in December. This is incorrect there is only one on the !st the 15th is Mick' s Associate ride.

So the ride this month will be to a new find in St Neots stopping for 'T' on the outward leg and fuel if needed on the return. Distance will be about 150 miles finishing at Mac D Regiment Way. Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am............................................Richard
Spider

Re: Full Member Social Ride - St Neots - Sunday 1st December

Post by Spider »

Well now I must say that was a cold start. Mud and muck all over the place. Much needed pit stop for the usual tea and a pee . Onto a great cafe. Massive portions. Then on the way back 1 mile from the end I got a puncture. Very hard one to find. Fix it and popped in McDonald's but you was all gone. Thanks Tony for sticking around and back marking and thanks Richard for leading the ride.
richard parker

Re: Full Member Social Ride - St Neots - Sunday 1st December

Post by richard parker »

Today at 5 degrees was comparatively better than the training ride I had yesterday!! Luck was on my side I got the bike out earlier than usual and had picked up a flint from yesterday.
Couldn't take the GS as it was clean so Crafty Plugger did the job and I got to start line in time. :D

Six brave soles for the ride which went really well as usual!! Great new Cafe at St Neots but a good job we were a small group as seats were precious - not surprising considering the size of the portions. Thanks to Tony for back marking and helping Spider.

Spider - sorry we had left Mac D's. John and I waited a while but couldn't work out where you had got too as you were with us at the start of Reg Way. We knew Craig had gone on but wrongly assumed you and Tony also although its unusual for you not to want to buy me a coffee!! ;) How could it go wrong in the last mile? :cry: ...............................Richard