Mid-Week Relaxed Ride 18th May

DaveH

Mid-Week Relaxed Ride 18th May

Post by DaveH »

Rob White and I are currently planning a relaxed mid-week ride for THURSDAY 18th May for both full and associate members. I'll be releasing details of the ride shortly, but thought you might like to "hold the date" at this time.
DaveH

Re: Mid-Week Relaxed Ride 18th May

Post by DaveH »

An update as promised!

I thought for this ride we might go south into Kent, destination being the Route 1066 Cafe at Robertsbridge. Start point will be the Esso Petrol Station at Thurrock Services, stopping on the way for a break at the Freestyle Cafe (https://thefreestyleexperience.co.uk/freestyle-cafe/) and taking in some great roads before stopping for lunch at Route 1066 Cafe. The route back towards Essex will run via Staplehurst and Biddenden, and once past the Dartford Crossing, you can either break off to go home (if you wish), or carry on to the end point which will be McDonalds at Chelmsford.

I would propose that we meet at the Esso, Thurrock Services for 09;00 for a prompt 09:30 get away - full tanks and empty bladders please! Total route distance is about 155 miles and we should get back to McDonalds at Chelmsford circa 16:32.

As mentioned previously, this will be a relaxed ride open to both Full and Associate members alike.

Details and a download of the route (for either Garmin or TomTom) can be found here https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social/ro ... mode=share
michelcouque

Post by michelcouque »

enjoy the ride, those parts of kent are lovely.
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

Just a reminder of the relaxed ride this coming Thursday 18th May for those who may be interested.
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

It was a very enjoyable run out yesterday, with 12 of us in total on the ride - thanks to all who attended to make it such a good day. Great roads, great company - even the weather was kind to us with sunshine most of the day and warm temperatures. Couldn't have been better!
michelcouque

Post by michelcouque »

Well done and many thanks, your efforts and time taken to do this very much appreciated by us all.