Muckleburgh Military Collection - 30 June 2019

Chris Reed

Muckleburgh Military Collection - 30 June 2019

Post by Chris Reed »

Sunday, 30th June 2019 www.muckleburgh.co.uk

If anyone would like to join me on a ride to the Muckleburgh Military Collection, at Weybourne in Norfolk (postcode NR25 7EH), I will be leaving the McDonalds Restaurant at the Regiment Way Business Park near Channels at 0830 am on Sunday 30th June. As a trial I am going to use the circular route option on my Tom Tom Rider Sat Nav with curvy route option set to the medium level of difficulty and see how it takes us there! I'd estimate that the route will be somewhere in the region of 250 - 280 miles round trip so it'll be ridden at a reasonably progressive pace to allow time at the museum itself.

Entry to the museum is reasonably priced at £11 and a cafe is available on site. I've no chance to pre-ride the route and discover fuel stops but i'll plan to find fuel at around the 130 mile. mark. This has the potential to be either an interesting adventure or a complete ballsup, but who cares as long as we are riding!

This could be great fun!

Chris Reed
Fast Fat Bloke
It's not how fast you go, but how you go fast!!
Geoff Preston

Re: Muckleburgh Military Collection - 30 June 2019

Post by Geoff Preston »

Wouild've but already committed to working UGHH!
Regards,
Geoff.
chris_johnson

Post by chris_johnson »

What happened to this thread? Two harmless replies have vanished from it. Anyway, there were only 4 of us on the ride, including Geoff whose job had been rescheduled, so we used the buddy system. It was a beautiful day; hot, but with a breeze and not a scorcher like the day before. Chris chickened out from letting the SatNav have its evil way completely, rode bareback to Thetford, and then coupled it in on a less aggressive setting. The result was that we didn't seem to go on any unclassifieds until close to the museum, and they were actually quite pleasant little roads rather than the goat tracks that SatNavs favour. The Museum was compact, but interesting, and the cafe was acceptable. The ride back seemed to involve a lot of well-trafficked A road, and we had plenty of overtaking practice. There was no formal end to the run, but by the time we reached Dunmow we had covered 225 miles. Many thanks to Chris for leading the ride. Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
chris_johnson

Post by chris_johnson »

Now I understand! Mr Reed posted in both General Activities AND Runs & Rides.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
Geoff Preston

Post by Geoff Preston »

I heartily endorse Chris J's comments and add my thanks to Chris R for planning and leading the ride.
Good weather, company and venue. What more could one desire?
Thanks all round.