Full Member Social Ride - Sizewell - Sunday 4 August

richard parker

Full Member Social Ride - Sizewell - Sunday 4 August

Post by richard parker »

The Full Member Social Ride this month will be to Sizewell Suffolk and overall distance of around 170 miles with a 'T' stop on the outward leg and fuel on the return. Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am. Ride to finish at Mac D Regiment way.

I note that on the August update Graham Seeley indicated my destinations were secret - not true - it just takes me until the week before to get round to deciding a destination and posting - sorry.

The second Full Member Ride this month will be on the Sunday 18 August and will be led by Graham Cooper. Details to be posted later....................Richard
vince

Re: Full Member Social Ride - Sizewell - Sunday 4 August

Post by vince »

Great, looking forward to it Richard. Sizewell 'T' for lunch?
Vince.
Chris Reed

Post by Chris Reed »

Hope to be able to join you!
Chris
Fast Fat Bloke
It's not how fast you go, but how you go fast!!
Colin Digby

Post by Colin Digby »

Hi Mr p had a cracking day out thanks for leading it and Chris for tail ending
Go Orange Diggers :D :lol:
chris_johnson

Post by chris_johnson »

A great day. 22 bikes (one with pillion). Excellent weather. Trip out to Sudbury fine, except for Jill who was stung on the neck by a wasp shortly before the Tea Stop. One down. Almost immediately after Sudbury the final 3 bikes failed to notice (all 3 of them, strange that) a right marker and, to make a long story short, ended up making their own way to Sizewell, They arrived 50 minutes before the main group, since the disappearance of the back marker (me) had logistical consequences for them. Sizewell is a funny little place, but the Tea Shop was humming and proved very efficient at serving food. The power station is BIG! We all stayed together for the return journey, which even featured a U-turn, and was very enjoyable. We arrived back at Regiment way a little before 17:30. The errant tail had done 193 miles. Many thanks to Richard. Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
AndyLee

Post by AndyLee »

Thanks Richard for another great ride on some unfamiliar back roads as well. It was a shame the ride went a bit Pete Tong after the morning tea break, although the ride back after lunch went much better and flowed well. I had to take the direct route back from Sudbury in order to make a family dinner and a very welcome shower after the heat of the day.

Andy
Dannysrutter

Post by Dannysrutter »

Thanks Richard and Chris for sweeping. Great roads and a long day!
richard parker

Post by richard parker »

Sorry it ended as a long day but all credit to the markers who held their positions in the absence of a back marker until regrouped. Special thanks to Stuart G Colin and Alan and anyone else for pulling it together.

It appears that the last two riders missed the first right turn after the cafe and took the tailender with them so no one could move on until it was sorted. The other 18 riders saw the marker but maybe didn't have a gap ahead!

Thanks Chris J for once again offering to back mark but you will have to do better next time or lose your position! :) :) :) ....................................Richard