Second Full Member Social Ride - Diss - Sunday 18 August

GrahamCooper

Second Full Member Social Ride - Diss - Sunday 18 August

Post by GrahamCooper »

The extra full member social ride this month will be led by me, you lucky lucky people!!! Meet at Sainsburys Chelmsford at 9.15 for a 9.30 departure. The route will be 160 miles on some super roads with a mid morning coffee (toilet) stop and lunch (another toilet) stop with petrol at Morrisons in Diss. We then return to McDonalds, Essex Regiment Way. I had planned a lovely tea shop for lunch but it will be closed, lucky I checked, so plan B, Morrisons it is then.

Depart Sainsburys, Boreham 9.30
Coffee Stradishall Café CB8 9XX
Lunch Morrisons Diss IP22 4XF
Finish McDonalds Regiment Way CM3 3PZ

Richard Parker has volunteered to tail end, a treat for him. If I misheard I will seek a volunteer.

See you there

Graham
richard parker

Re: Second Full Member Social Ride - Diss - Sunday 18 August

Post by richard parker »

Thanks Graham - I can do that and i'll also buy you coffee :) ................Richard
phil reader

Post by phil reader »

Thank you Graham for leading the ride today, was a very enjoyable day with good company and good dry (ish) roads, also Thanks to Richard P for tail ending. :D
chris_johnson

Post by chris_johnson »

Ten bikes. Contrast this with the 20+ on Mick and Alan's run! Weather OK until the stop at the Stradishall Cafe, when unforecast rain came down and persisted until just short of Diss. Morrison's is hardly a fast food outlet, but one Stalwart elected to have the Big Daddy breakfast. Never before has so much food been piled on a plate for so little money. He finished it! Run back was in the sun on substantially dry roads We finished at the Regiment Way McD's at 16:00 after 172 miles. ictures have been posted. Those from Sainsbury's are of both groups. Thanks to Graham & Richard.

Regards
Chris J
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
Dannysrutter

Post by Dannysrutter »

Thanks Graham. Great ride today. Thanks to Richard for tail ending.