Full Member Social Ride - Thetford - Sunday 12 January

richard parker

Full Member Social Ride - Thetford - Sunday 12 January

Post by richard parker »

The Full Member Social Ride this month will be to Thetford Norfolk. A return distance of about 150 miles with a 'T' stop on the outward leg, no fuel unless needed and finish at Mac D Regiment way.

Please meet to leave Sainburys Springfield at 9.30am.............................Richard
Colin Digby

Re: Full Member Social Ride - Thetford - Sunday 12 January

Post by Colin Digby »

Hope to be there Mr P
Go Orange Diggers :D :lol:
Spider

Post by Spider »

Count me in boss. Hopefully you won't get a flat at start and me a flat at the end.
Dannysrutter

Post by Dannysrutter »

I’m in. Looking forward to it.
chris_johnson

Post by chris_johnson »

21 or 22 bikes, a grey day with a lot of surface water on the way out, about 10C. Richard set a sensible pace for the conditions. The Wethersppon's at Thetford was a very acceptable lunch venue. When we left I went round the roundabout and exited at the road where I had seen a biker depart a few moments before. That was the last bike I saw for nearly 60 miles. Ended up going home directly via Diss, Bury St Edmunds and Newmarket. The outward leg was an enjoyable first run of the year. Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you for a great day out Richard and all. Thanks to John for sweeping all day
Jill Winn
EAMG chairman
Spider

Post by Spider »

Many thanks Richard for a smashing day out on the bikes. It was great to see chairwoman jill riding superbly as she does and many thanks to John for tile ending going out and also sweeping coming back. I enjoyed taking it nice and easy as I'm walking my daughter down the aisle on Friday.
richard parker

Post by richard parker »

Well Chris I'm going to have to take you under my wing - we can't have you keep chasing after these stray bikers!! Shame because it was a great quick run home for 3pm at Mac D.

A very big turn out for the first FM ride of the new year but fortunately Wetherspoons were able to cope. Weather was fine for January albeit a bit wet in places. Many thanks to John who acted as back marker for the whole ride..........................................Richard