Full Member Social Ride - St Ives Sunday 1st March

richard parker

Full Member Social Ride - St Ives Sunday 1st March

Post by richard parker »

The full Member Social ride for March will be to St Ives Cambs a return distance of around 150 miles with a 'T' stop on the outward leg and fuel on the return at around 120 miles.

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am. Ride to finish at Mac D Regiment Way....................................Richard
Dannysrutter

Re: Full Member Social Ride - St Ives Sunday 1st March

Post by Dannysrutter »

Thanks Richard. Fantastic ride today. At last some dry(ish) roads.
chris_johnson

Post by chris_johnson »

23 bikes. Cold and windy (3.5C early, 7.5C for most of the ride, and a tropical 9.5C at St Ives). Fine day, but a lot of surface water and grit which had been washed onto the roads. Unusual route out (I need to look at a map and try to work out what Richard did). Liver, bacon and onions at the Local Cafe as excellent as ever. When I left the run at the petrol stop on the A505 we had covered 118 miles. No incidents that I was aware of. Many thanks to Richard for an excellent ride. For the first time ever I forgot my camera. so no pictures :-(

Regards
Chris J.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
nigelbarts

Post by nigelbarts »

Thank you Richard for a great ride as usual with fantastic company, I am so glad you found a flooded road to babtise the new Africa Twin. :lol:
richard parker

Post by richard parker »

Well although I say it myself that was a cracking ride on Sunday :) it seems months since we had such a dry ride - well apart from the odd flood. The sun certainly increased the
numbers but it all went without a hitch well apart from the use of a power pak - thanks Geoff - my fault then at Mac Donalds we borrowed jump leads from a Taxi driver - not my fault
this time. Ever since the bike has started first time so maybe not the battery.

Many thanks again to John P for back marking all day for the third time this year. Chris J looked naked without his camera - too busy thinking of his liver and onions - but Neil
took some pictures........................................Richard
richard parker

Post by richard parker »

You might like to know that none of the no-starts were down to me, The battery is ok and inspection by BMW is inconclusive they say it might be the kill switch so have ordered one
but it was alright all day Wednesday and today in the lovely rain!!.................................Richard
Spider

Post by Spider »

Give up them BMW tractors and get a real bike Richard.