Bike Mechanic

nickward

Bike Mechanic

Post by nickward »

Morning Folks, I hope everyone is well and staying safe. Are there any recommendations for independent bike mechanics in Shenfield/Chelmsford area,(I'm based in Shenfield) my Triumph Street Triple is approaching a 12k service and the prices quoted by dealers are frankly eye watering. I see Phil at Bike tech in Hullbridge has been recommended previously but its a bit of a slog to get home as he'll need the bike for at least a day. Anyone had any dealings with Moto Tweaks in Chelmsford?

Any suggestions gratefully received, thanks.
phil reader

Re: Bike Mechanic

Post by phil reader »

Google this chap Muddysump. Or best way to contact him is via email, service@muddysump.com

He is a Mobile Triumph mechanic, prices are good too.
nickward

Post by nickward »

Thanks Phil
nickward

Post by nickward »

As an update to previous post. Dave Jones of Muddysump serviced my Street Triple a few weeks back. Full 12k service, Triumph parts, brake &coolant change and Triumph electronic check with printouts etc supplied at 50% of dealer price. Quality of workmanship is very good so if you’ve got a Triumph that needs a service I’d recommend him.
phil reader

Post by phil reader »

Thanks for the update, good to hear he did a good job at a great price . I will be contacting him for my 12k service . ;)
John_Murphy

Post by John_Murphy »

Hi Nikward. Thanks for the update. I am interested as I have a 1200 Explorer. Could you clarify; your first post saying your bike was near its 12k service was dated 2nd Feb. Your post saying the work had been carried out by Muddysump 'a few weeks ago' is dated 30th July. Seems an awfully long time before being nearly ready for the 12k service and actually having it done. Is the time-gap due to Muddysump's availability or low mileage due to lockdown restrictions?
Cheers
nickward

Post by nickward »

John, bike had about 10.5k on it and I’d heard you had to book in advance for Dave (muddysump), the bike had over 13k on it when he serviced it. Lockdowns etc meant he was playing catch up, I booked him for July at the end of March.
Suggest you get in touch with him about 3 months prior to the service to book him. He works the whole uk so he’s in demand. I know he’s back in Brentwood area in September.
John_Murphy

Post by John_Murphy »

Thanks for that. If i can predict my mileage I might contact him. Cheers