EAMG photo archive

chris_johnson

EAMG photo archive

Post by chris_johnson »

For the last 20 years I have hosted a website which gives access to the photos I have taken of EAMG events at http://edmxtech.co.uk/eamg.htm. On April 13th 2023 I am switching from business to the much cheaper domestic broadband, and will lose the fixed IP address which supports this link. I shall eventually arrange a dynamic DNS link for the new address, but until then the photo archive will not be accessible. Since I had to withdraw from active membership at the beginning of 2022 the archive is no longer updated. Graham Simpkins, the TUG editor, has a copy of the archive contents for reference purposes.

Regards
Chris
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
Mick Hewitt

Re: EAMG photo archive

Post by Mick Hewitt »

Hi Chris.
Thanks for update. Hope things are well for you and the wife.
Best
Mick
michelcouque

Post by michelcouque »

Thanks Chris, must be a few thousand photos in there, many thanks for keeping such a great photograhic record for Eamg.

Best to you all

Michel
Chris_Gardiner

Post by Chris_Gardiner »

Having just posted some pictures in the Runs & Rides sub-forum, some of which were not directly related to the ride in question, prompts me to ask the question has EAMG thought about a reliable and permanent archive for EAMG's material? Mainly this will consist of photographs and back copies of TUG. In times past this was easy, committee minutes were put in a file, TUG could be kept in a box file or two and the few photographs that might have been taken were printed and put in a photo album. And the three piles were kept by the secretary.

Nowadays photographs are everywhere, particularly on everyone's phones, TUG is in the cloud and it does not appear possible to download it and if meetings are held via Zoom or Teams there may only be an electronic copy of the minutes. As ISPs come and go and web facilities disappear much of today's material may be lost.

For many years I used a program called "Gallery" to publish all the EAMG photos I had taken but this disappeared from the web many years ago and I never found an alternative. Nowadays I don't have the time to deal with such matters although I will, in due course, pass over a copy of all the photos - there are about 1400. These cover the period from 2005 to about 2014.

Chris G