Associate and Full Member Social Ride 16th June.

Mick Hewitt

Associate and Full Member Social Ride 16th June.

Post by Mick Hewitt »

Hi all.
June's social ride will be to Brundon Lane Cafe Sudbury via back lanes.

Destination: Brundon Lane cafe (CO10 7GB).
Meet: Sainsburys Springfield CM2 5PA. - Back of car park to avoid second Full Member ride on the same day.
Time: 09:15 for 09:30 departure.
Distance: approx 100 miles round trip.
Finish at MacDonalds, Regiment Way @ about 2pm.

Full tank of fuel.

Look forward to seeing you there.
Regards
Mick and Alan
07762 889408 / 07760 452993
Doug merrygold

Re: Associate and Full Member Social Ride 16th June.

Post by Doug merrygold »

Hi mike,and Alan
Thanks to you both for a great day out,and meeting up with old and new friends,many thanks to all Doug Maz x x :)
spitfirebert

Post by spitfirebert »

Hi to one and all.
May I start by introducing myself, I'm Chris, I live in Gt, Holland and i have very recently applied for associate membership. I have attended the slow riding etc course, along with a social ride on the 16th of June.

I cannot speak highly enough of both the trainers, volunteers and members that i have thus far encountered, a friendlier bunch I doubt exists anywhere!

It hasn't been all plain sailing however, due to the bane of biker's lives, a F£$%^&g puncture greeted me upon leaving our final destination at Mcdonald's .

Being a relative newcomer to the the biking way of life, and the first puncture to befall me, it was nothing short of a disaster. However, I need not have feared, for help was at hand in the form of Doug and Maz. Barely had the words left my mouth expressing my dismay, than Doug was by my bike extracting the offending stone and plugging the hole! whilst Maz was being both supportive and reassuring along with letting me use her phone as mine had died!....I know, you couldn't make it up!

Not only did they both get me mobile again but shadowed me virtually all the way home to ensure that everything was OK, bearing in mind that by helping me, Maz knew that she wouldn't get to see her dad in the afternoon....

This kind of help would be worthy of mention at the best of times but when given the fact that I had known these guys literally less than half an hour, Doug's poorly back and Maz's self sacrifice, it makes these two, very special people indeed!

In closing, I would just like to say that if the rest of the members are anything like these folks , then I am very fortunate to have found you.

Kind Regards to all

Chris (spitfire1)
Geoff Preston

Post by Geoff Preston »

How wonderful to hear such good news in what oft times appears to be a less than tolerant and friendly society.
phil reader

Post by phil reader »

Chris, thanks for sharing your experience and it makes me feel proud to be part of EAMG. I think almost anyone of our group members would have done the same to help, well done Doug and Maz.. :)
spitfirebert

Post by spitfirebert »

Hi Phil

I don't doubt it for a second, as indeed would I. But I think what made Doug and Maz's efforts so outstanding to me were in spite of Doug's back pain and Maz's plans, they still helped and indeed went the extra mile. :D
Mick Hewitt

Post by Mick Hewitt »

Chris, glad you wasn't the last to leave otherwise it would've been a disaster. Doug and Maz are great and usually have a picnic in their box as backup. Big thanks to them both for looking after you. And, yes, the people in the Group are all like minded and help each other. Regards. Mick
spitfirebert

Post by spitfirebert »

Hi Mick

Yes, agree with you on all counts :D

May I take this opportunity to thank both yourself and Alan for your time and effort organising the run out.

looking forward to the next one.

Kind Regards

Chris (Spitfirebert)