Relaxed Mid-Week Ride - Tuesday 10th October

DaveH

Relaxed Mid-Week Ride - Tuesday 10th October

Post by DaveH »

NOTE: This ride replaces Neil’s Mid-Week Full Member Ride shown in the Events Diary and will be a relaxed ride open to both Full and Associate members.

Start point will be Sainsbury's Chelmsford, meeting at 09:00 for a prompt 09:30 departure (full tanks and empty bladders please). We will stop for a tea break at The Old Butchers and then take in some great roads before riding onto Walkers Snack Bar at Mildenhall for lunch. After lunch, after a quick petrol stop we will continue back cross country to McDonalds (Braintree) for an afternoon coffee break, before continuing onto and finishing at Munchies at Bradwell (those attending can choose to finish either at McDonalds or at Munchies)

Total ride distance is approx. 158 miles with an expected arrival time at Munchies of 17:00

Route can be downloaded here: https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social/ro ... mode=share
DaveH

Re: Relaxed Mid-Week Ride - Tuesday 10th October

Post by DaveH »

Due to Munchies shutting earlier with the October nights closing in, I have had to amend the latter stages of the ride accordingly.

The ride will now finish at McDonalds at A12 J19, at approx 15:30 with a mileage of approx 140 miles covered for the day
rjwojcik

Post by rjwojcik »

Looking forward to this, team!!!
Chris_Gardiner

Post by Chris_Gardiner »

Barring any domestic catastrophe I will be joining you for the ride.
rjwojcik

Post by rjwojcik »

A few pics from today. Big thanks to Dave and Tony, for herding us kittens.

Paul1802

Post by Paul1802 »

Well done Dave. A great day out with a good variety of roads. A nice stop for lunch and glorious weather. What more could you wish for!
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

Thanks both - well what a day! Great weather, some great roads and great company, and we all had a good laugh! What more can one want from an EAMG Mid-Week ride!!!!!

14 of us set out and we all got to the mid-way morning break at The Old Butchers with no issue. Having had a nice cuppa, we then all set off for Walkers, which was about an hours ride away - or so we thought. We had alarm issues (wouldn't turn off) with one machine, another got a puncture, tail gunner got separated - net result, depending on whether one was en-route, with the puncture, or with the alarm issue meant that the ride somehow separated into 3 separate groups, which re-grouped again at Walkers for lunch. All got off ok and a nice run across some more fab roads, however one machine was a tad thirsty and ran out of motion lotion a few miles from our end-point. High volumes of traffic meant that that delayed sorting that out (thanks Tony for getting some petrol to get the bike going again), by which time we had well over-run our end time and with only 2 miles to go, and no-other riders having come by us, we decided to by-pass the lure of McDonalds and went our separate ways.

You couldn't write this stuff. But all in all I think that everyone had an enjoyable day, certainly I did, thank you all who attended on making it so good, we must do it again sometime next year (without the distractions!!!!!)
Attachments
IMG_1882.jpg
IMG_1882.jpg (437.06 KiB) Viewed 39341 times
IMG_1883.jpg
IMG_1883.jpg (361.2 KiB) Viewed 39342 times
IMG_1884.jpg
IMG_1884.jpg (373.49 KiB) Viewed 39342 times
Chris_Gardiner

Post by Chris_Gardiner »

Thanks to Dave and any other organisers for an excellent day out. Traffic was much heavier than what is normal for a Sunday ride but no worries that is what bikes are for. The ride was well up to EAMG standards with a suitable number of members getting lost, losing the bunch etc. but all the survivors eventually made it to Walkers so no one went hungry.

Sorry I had to leave you at Braintree but I needed to get home. As it was I arrived home only about 2 minutes late after some enthusiastic riding down the A131.