Xmas Quiz 2023

chris_johnson

Xmas Quiz 2023

Post by chris_johnson »

A quick reminder that the Group Night on 5th December features the annual Xmas Quiz. Starts at 7:30(ish). Same as every year, but with different questions. It should be a lively and entertaining evening suitable for friends and family.

Regards
Chris J.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
chris_johnson

Re: Xmas Quiz 2023

Post by chris_johnson »

It was enjoyable for me to come back to EAMG and deliver the quiz. Some statistics: We had 44 players, 5 less than last year, on 7 tables. The scoring average for rounds was about 6, which indicates that the difficulty level was about right. Joker plays were sub-optimal. Table 7 scored a perfect 10 for Geography, and Table 2 got the lowest score on Musical Matters with 2, a round on which they also had the misfortune to play their Joker! The relatively new Moral Victor category, which was supposed to compensate for smaller numbers on some tables, didn't work so well this time since the overall winners were also the moral victors. The scores were:

Table 7 72 Winner, and moral victor as well!
Table 1 67
Table 9 67
Table 5 64
Table 5 58
Table 2 51
Table 10 51

Two tables tied for the wooden spoon, but neither got it since I had forgotten to bring the spoon! They both got chocolate consolation prizes though. You will know who was on Table 7 because they won enough chocolate to practically guarantee massive tooth decay.

Thanks to all who turned up for their good humour throughout the event, and my particular thanks go to the markers, who do the heavy lifting during the quiz itself.

Regards
Chris J.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
rjwojcik

Post by rjwojcik »

The chocolates were wolved down, thanks Chris
Mick Hewitt

Post by Mick Hewitt »

a Great quiz night Chris. Big thanks to you and your family.