March Mid-Week Social (Relaxed) Ride

DaveH

March Mid-Week Social (Relaxed) Ride

Post by DaveH »

The March Mid-Week relaxed ride is scheduled for TUESDAY 26th March and is open to both full and associate members alike.

Meet at D's Diner on the A12 at 09:00 for an 09:30 start, from where we'll take a circuitous route up to Cafe33 for a mid-morning coffee, before carrying on down to Finchingfield for lunch. Upon leaving Finchingfield, we'll take a leisurely ride cross-country to finish up at McDonalds at Chelmsford, where the ride will complete circa 3:00pm. Total ride distance will be about 100 miles, with a petrol stop (if needed) just after we leave Finchingfield.

Arrive with full tanks and empty bladders please!

The start point (D's Diner) is just off the A12 junction 20B Southbound https://www.dscafediner.co.uk/

I have attached a .gpx copy of the route below, for those of you attending to download who wish to add it to your Sat-Nav's beforehand.

In the event of atrocious weather, this ride may be cancelled, so please check here for any updates the evening beforehand - thanks

Note: Please make sure you've re-joined for 2024 before attending..... thank you.
Attachments
March 2024 Mid-Week.gpx
(198.39 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
March 24 Mid-Week S_Shot.jpg
March 24 Mid-Week S_Shot.jpg (67.99 KiB) Viewed 368 times
Chris_Gardiner

Re: March Mid-Week Social (Relaxed) Ride

Post by Chris_Gardiner »

It's great to see the rides start again after the winter break. My domestic commitments make it difficult to get out on the bike and totally impossible at weekends or evenings.

Barring domestic emergencies (quite possible) or the bike fails to start (very unlikely) I will definitely be there on the 26th but may arrive nearer to 0930 than 0900.

Chris G
Chris_Gardiner

Post by Chris_Gardiner »

If I don't make it to D's Diner by 0930 and you all have left I will proceed up the A12 and hope meet you either at the cross roads in Tiptree B1022 or on the main road in the middle of Feering B1024.

Chris
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

No worries Chris, see you tomorrow
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

All

Just to confirm that the relaxed ride is still on for tomorrow - shame that it looks like it will be an overcast rather than a sunny day with blue skies, but hopefully it will be dry!

If anyone has any problems, either beforehand, or during the day, and/or need to contact me, my number is 07711 781772

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Cheers Dave
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

Thanks to everyone who came on the Relaxed Ride today - after what the BBC forecast, the day was very kind and we had some fab weather. All in all a very enjoyable day out with you all - thank you all for making it so! Look forward to riding with you all again on next months Relaxed Ride!