Chairmans Charity Ride Saturday 30th March 2024

michelcouque

Chairmans Charity Ride Saturday 30th March 2024

Post by michelcouque »

Hello everyone.

Not so long to wait until this years Chairmans ride. 2024 will see some changes made to it, a refresh. So we are now making this The Chairmans Charity Ride. Each year a charity will be chosen for this now fund raising ride. This year we felt it only appropriate to start off with Brain Tumour Research. This is the charity we donated to following the very sad passing of JOE JOHAL. We are not sure exactly how long Joe was an Eamg member for, but we think certainly over 20 years ! As soon as he was able following his bouts of poor health he made it back to group nights, unable to ride, but always with a lovely smile and always wanted to be in the group among friends. We miss him and think about him.

So we would very gently suggest that a donation of maybe £5 (or whatever you feel like ) be made to us via online payment to
Essex Advanced Motorcyclists Group Ltd
acc no; 00791646
sort code; 30-96-94

All donations will be sent to Brain Tumour Research www.braintumourresearch.org

Please do donate ASAP or indicate you are coming on the ride ASAP by emailing me at chair@eamg.org.uk
so we know how many riders we are bringing along to food stops etc!!
Any donations are very much appreciated, and we feel that making this ride a charity event to be a nice way of bringing us together, to have a lovely day and a good cause will benefit too.

The Chairmans Charity Ride will be on Saturday 30th MArch 2024. We will meet in Chelsmford area , exact spot TBC at 9AM FOR A 9.30 DEPARTURE.
Please ensure you arrive with a full tank of fuel. Further details soon

Please ensure that your membership is renewed for 2024.
michelcouque

Re: Chairmans Charity Ride Saturday 30th March 2024

Post by michelcouque »

Hello.

Many thanks to those that have responded and donated so far as mentioned in the post above, it is very kind of you and much appreciated.

We can now announce that the route on Saturday 30th March will be STARTING FROM BP Boreham Services Chelmsford CM2 5PY meet at 9am for a 9.30 sharp departure. Full tanks empty bladders and membership sorted. We will be using the well used marker system along the way, please do say if you are not familiar with how this works.

We will ride a nice progressive rural route to Bressingham Garden Centre, Low Road, Diss IP22 2AB. Lunch stop here. We refuel at Shell , Victoria Rd , Diss IP22 4GY on the RIGHT hand side of the road just after the railway bridge, and just before Bressingham Garden Centre.

On the way to Bressingham will stop for a comfort break at Greggs on A14 Needham Market Services IP6 8LP.
Route out about 87 miles Route back about 75 miles. On the RETURN leg we will stop at Cafe 33 Stradishall A143 CB8 9XX for a comfort break etc.

We will need to reserve places at Bressingham so if possible can you confirm if coming on the ride either here or email me chair@eamg.org.uk

We could also offer a second , more relaxed ride with about 60 less miles too. PLEASE let me know either way. This ride is open to ALL members.

I shall post the Bressingham GPX route here soon so keep your eyes peeled.

As usual the ride is only open to our membership to keep it safe for everyone. Please ensure you have renewed membership, easiest way is online via our website.

A gentle reminder that this is a Charity Ride, so if you would like to make a donation as per the post above it would be so helpfull to help people like Joe Johal in the future.

The weather forecast is decent so I look forward to seeing you soon.

If you can respond asap then we can book Bressingham cafe.

Best

Michel
michelcouque

Post by michelcouque »

GPX route from Chelmsford to Bressingham Garden Centre and return route .

Done on My Route App for Garmin XT. Can be shared from MRA if any issues.
Attachments
EAMG Chairmans Charity Ride FROM Bressingham-RETURN TO Chelmsford .gpx
(142.98 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
EAMG Chairmans Charity Ride from Chelmsford to Bressingham 86 mls.gpx
(185.75 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Das306

Post by Das306 »

Hi just tried to download the route , but it just has a start and finish point, no intermediate shaping points so runs us up the A12 ?
ch4gas

Post by ch4gas »

Michel, as Das306 has said, the route has no shaping or waypoints. Could you share it direct from MyRouteApp?

Thanks,

Cliff
michelcouque

Post by michelcouque »

Das306

What’s your name so I can sort an MRA access?
Email me chair@eamg.org.uk please.
Das306

Post by Das306 »

Hi Michel ,

Darren Wigington
michelcouque

Post by michelcouque »

MRA invite emailed to you.
Das306

Post by Das306 »

Hi Michel

no email ?? I have checked Spam as well , I did email you directly so you should be able to reply to that, to check you have the right email address.

Ta Darren
michelcouque

Post by michelcouque »

Tried again and message said invite sent so hopefully you get it this time?