Ride to Southwold

Tony S

Ride to Southwold

Post by Tony S » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:19 pm

Our ride to Southwold on the 11 June did not take place as the weather oracle of our leader indicated rain and 11 degrees in that area so we headed up into north Essex to find dry riding.

All started ok with 6 bikes in attendance and so of we headed to Dunmow and beyond into ever darkening skies and you guessed it rain and it was just as well I had decided to don my winter coat. It got to a point where I had to stop a don my waterproof trousers and hold the others up in the process. On we rode in the rain until just south of Newmarket from there we appeared to head east into improving weather. By the time we arrived at Wally's cafe near Sudbury we had run out of the rain.

A good relaxing meal was had by all. At this point one of the group decided to head for home while the remainder carried on the planned ride on drying roads as we headed south to complete the ride at Mac D on Essex Regiment Way where another coffee was had before going our separate ways.

Our leader did come in for a certain amount of ribbing over his weather forecasting as it now showed a heady 17° and sun in Southwold, but still we cannot all be perfect as I proved on a recent ride that I lead.