Full member ride Sunday 20 October 2019

Chris Reed

Full member ride Sunday 20 October 2019

Post by Chris Reed »

The second Full member ride this month will be going to Jimmy's Cafe at Old Buckenham airfield in Norfolk. A former B24 Liberator base, it has a great cafe and a small WW2 museum!
Roumd trip approaching 190 miles.

Start promptly 09.30 from Sainsbury's and ride will finish at McDonald's on Essex Regiment Way.

Look forward to seeing you on Sunday!

Chris
Fast Fat Bloke
It's not how fast you go, but how you go fast!!
Geoff Preston

Re: Full member ride Sunday 20 October 2019

Post by Geoff Preston »

I just love being Liberated!
Chris Reed

Post by Chris Reed »

Many thanks to all the riders that turned up yesterday. Due to the unfortunate incident on the ride I will rearrange the day for spring as the shorter days from next weekend will not permit the route to be enjoyed to the full and hopefully we will all be able to rejoin the ride.
Regards Chris Reed
Fast Fat Bloke
It's not how fast you go, but how you go fast!!
chris_johnson

Post by chris_johnson »

Yes, the day did not quite go as anticipated, 14 bikes on a day which was dry but horribly cold. The lowest temperature I saw was 4C, and the bike flashed an ice warning at me. We ended up lunching at the usual cafe in Sudbury, and the total ride distance was 66 miles. I acted as back marker; a largely redundant post since, because of the cold and risk of residual wetness, Chris kept to a moderate pace and the group did not spread out. Picture posting has been delayed for a while.

Regards
Chris J.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.